Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's Time for Fedge to Complain

"For serious this time" said Fedge.

I am getting all kinds of worn down. I need a break. I'm not talking about a break in the sense of taking time off or away. No, what I need is something to get me set on the right track. Every time I force something, or try to make something happen I get stuck. I simply just can't get the ball rolling.

You are probably wondering what the crap I am talking about.

My Job/Career.

Ever sense I was a kid, I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up. I knew I wanted a wife and kids, and to make good money. But as to how I was going to make that money, I did not know.

Most of my dreams were of me in some sort of entertainment. It might be acting or writing, but something that was along the lines of story telling. I have story ideas, but I just haven't written any of them. I think I am passable as an actor, but I feel I have a lot more ability in voice acting.

I have been doing voices and playing with puppets and toys for a long while. It started on my computer with my sister making little shows with puppets on our PC video camera. I take that back, it started before that.

I remember being in high school playing around with a video recorder making short films. Most of the time it was just fun. But, some of the time I think a lot of the stuff we did was really funny.

This past Sunday I did a skit with a puppet and a friend of mine. It wasn't just for kids church this week. We did it in front of the whole congregation. I have been told that a lot of people there said it was really good. Not only that but I also was in a skit with 3 other guys. My buddy Mark stole that show. Mostly because he dressed up like a girl and wore lipstick.

After church that Sunday I felt really good. I couldn't wait to do it again.

I love doing this stuff, if I could do it professionally I will have found what I wanted to do when I grow up, and that is act like a kid.

Are these just hopeless dreams that everyone has, or is there something to this.

I don't want to be a huge Hollywood actor, I just want to love what I do. Or, at least have a job that gives me time to explore my dreams as possible means of income.

To sum it up, I just want to enjoy my work. I don't want to hate Mondays. If I just dislike them I think I can live with that.

No comments: