Monday, May 15, 2006

So Much For Everyday!

"I'm not lazy, I'm just asleep." said Fedge.

Yeah... Well so I didn't post everyday since I got this blog. That doesn't mean I can't make up for it. Today is double your blog, double your fun day. Two blogs for the same price as a cup of coffee. today's coffee fee is waved.

This first blog is entitled...

All Bang!

This is my first feeble attempt a writing a movie review. Let me thank you ahead of time for not reading it.

I will start off by saying that Netflix is one of the most magnificent inventions since leather swim trunks (best 400 dollars I ever spent). The latest movie I rented from the amazing online movie giants was Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. And let me tell ya, if you don't like anime you will be completely and utterly confused. Hope you don't care much about story or character development, because in all the confusion trying to make the CGI look pretty, they plumb forgot to add a plot.

For the Record: I hate anime!

The only reason to see this film is for some of the best computer animation ever. There is a lot of action. The only problem is it is anime action, so don't expect any realism cause it ain't here. What is here is a Sci-Fi/Fantasy hybrid that leaves you breathless and confused. I don't think I have ever had that feeling after a movie before I saw Advent Children. Thanks Square Enix.

I know, I will relate this movie to a rollercoaster.

You start off board to tears in a long twisting line, just standing there waiting. All the while the conversation going on around you is mundane and pointless. Then, you finally get on the ride and they strap you in. The coaster is called "The Egyptian Puke Inducer". At this point you remember the drab and uninteresting story they were telling you over the loud speakers that in some weird way relates to the name of the ride. But really you are not on this ride for the story, and that's good cause the story sucks. No, you are on the ride for one reason. Going really fast and getting whiplash. Alas, the ride is over too quickly and you are disappointed and want to vomit. That is when you begin to wonder "Was it worth waiting in line for?" I think not.

The second part of this blog is called...

Why I hate MLB more than NASCAR


Lets not beat around the bush. WHO NEEDS TO PLAY MORE THAN 160 GAMES IN A SEASON? I like the NBA but 82 game is way to many. MLB plays double the games! Why? Every time I turn one ESPNEWS to catch up on how the NBA playoffs are going, there are 20 baseball highlights I have to sit thru to see one just one or two basketball highlights.

Now don't get me wrong I like the sport of baseball more than the pointless death wish known as motorsports. But I only see a few Nascar highlights a week.

The other thing is, I won't even toy with the idea of watching MLB till they get a salary cap in place. Not that I am a fan of the Devil Rays, but they will never make the playoffs as long as there is no salary cap. Why? Because they are in the same division as the Red Sox and Yankees.

Its very simple, if the Yankees win the division then the Red Sox will take the wild card. If the Red Sox win the division... Well you get the idea. I could go on but I won't.

Just one last thing. I am not ripping on the fans of baseball or fans of MLB. Its just that the state of Major League Baseball is ridiculously out of order. There are just too many things wrong with it for me to be a fan.

It's like this blog. With all the spelling and grammatical errors who would want to read it?





No comments: